As many of you know this Sunday is SUPER SUNDAY and the food and drinks will be flowing! Courtney's go to food is her amazing Taco Pie! Below is her recipe for your enjoyment! What's your go to food?
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 packet of taco seasoning
· 6 large eggs
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
· For an added kick you can add a small can of tomatoes with green chilies or some of your favorite salsa to browned ground beef
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch glass or ceramic deep dish pie pan.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink about 7 minutes, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon. Add the taco seasoning per package instructions and stir until combined. (If adding tomatoes or salsa add next, stir until combined) Spread the beef mixture in the greased pie pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, and garlic. Pour slowly over the beef mixture in the pan.
4. Cover with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until the center is set and the cheese is browned. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
5. Serve topped with shaved lettuce, sour cream and hot sauce!!) YUM