Who doesn't love bacon? Bacon works for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacktime...heck - I've even gone to bars that serve bacon in a bowl at the bar instead of peanuts or chex mix (I highly recommend finding a bar near you that does the same).
MentalFloss put together a list of 12 bacon facts - as if you needed more reasons to love that pan fried deliciousness;
- It's been around since 1500 BC
- The word bacon refers to the back of the pig
- It was used to make explosives during World War II (WHAT)
- The average American eats 18 pounds of bacon per year
- I'd like to think I'm helping that average out and might have to keep track in 2019.
They are talking strictly OG bacon here but if you ask me, turkey bacon is also acceptable - as well as Canadian bacon...OG bacon is obviously the best - both those will suffice in a pinch.
See the full list at MentalFloss.com
All The Unhealthy Foods
Photo Credit: GettyImages