My truck made the list! I guess I should take my keys out of the truck when I park my truck.
Car thieves have a new favorite target: the Ford Full Size Pick-Up. According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau’s latest “Hot Wheels” report, which includes crime data from across the country, Ford Full Size Pick-Ups were the most stolen vehicle in 2019, supplanting the Honda Civic as the top target of theft.
The report examines vehicle theft data submitted by law enforcement to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and determines the vehicle make, model, and model year most reported stolen in 2019.
Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles Last Year
- Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) (38,938)
- Honda Civic (33,220)
- Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size) (32,583)
- Honda Accord (30,745)
- Toyota Camry (15,656)
- Nissan Altima (13,355)
- Toyota Corolla (12,137)
- Dodge Pick-Up (Full Size) (11,292)
- GMC Pick-Up (Full Size) (11,164)
- Honda CR-V (10,094)
When it comes model years of cars stolen, the Honda Civic 2000 had the overall most thefts, with 4,731.
Last year the model years stolen the most include 2018 (47,859 thefts), 2019 models (45,188 thefts), and 2017 models (39,425 thefts).
Top Ten Model, Makes & Years Stolen
- 2000 Honda Civic (4,731)
- 1997 Honda Accord (3,563)
- 2006 Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) (3,061)
- 2004 Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size) (2,099)
- 2019 Ram Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,547)
- 2001 Honda CRV (1,394)
- 2015 Nissan Altima (1,349)
- 2001 Dodge Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,174)
- 2019 Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee (1,110)
- 2018 GMC Pick-Up (Full Size) (1,101)