St. Patricks Day is quickly approaching and Connecticut has a lot of activities going on to celebrate around the state!
Looking for a parade to enjoy the festive day? Here are some places offering parades as early as March 1st!
- Norwich St. Patricks Day Parade and Festival is on Sunday, March 1st at 1:00 p.m.
- Stamford is having their St. Patricks Day parade at 12:00 p.m. on March 7th.
- Greater Hartford St. Patrick's Day Parade is on March 14th at 11:00 a.m.
- Greater New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade is at 1:30 p.m on March 15th.
Interested in a St. Patrick's Day food and drinks?
- Boru's Bar and Grill in Waterbury will be having a St. Patrick Day after-party with Irish music on March 7th from 9:00 p.m to 12:00 a.m. They will also be having brunch starting at 10 a.m. on March 7th and 8th.
- Total Wine in West Hartford is holding a St. Patrick's Day Beer event on March 11th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. where they will be featuring Irish themed beer.
- Christy's Irish Pub in New Haven offers Happy Hour on Fridays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and premiere league games and parties on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The Lansdowne Pub and Music at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville is having karaoke on March 14th and March 20th from 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Vaughan's Irish Public House in Hartford has a whole section of their menu dedicated to traditional Irish dishes like shepard's pie, bangers and mash and Guinness lamb stew.
Feel like going on a run? Or maybe taking a trip to the aquarium?
- O'Shenanigans 5K at Kinsmen Brewing Company will be on Saturday, March 14th at 9:30am. They also have a "Wee Mile" for kids ages 2-11.
- At Mystic Aquarium guests can attend an animal encounter! On March 14th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. the aquarium is offering tickets to a pizza dinner followed by the chance to meet a penguin! Then, at the end there will be a special green craft you can bring home!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Source: CT Visit
Photo Credit: Getty Images